4 Tips for a Busy Week and Meal Plan Sunday
This week will be the week that tests my sanity. This week is a working moms gauntlet. Three days in off-site meetings starting way before my usual start time and going way past my usual quitting time will require extra childcare and planning. This also coincides with a number of kid activities in the evenings. When I saw this “perfect storm” colliding on my calendar three weeks ago, I decided to take Friday off to recharge or face plant on the couch! I think the foot spa will be calling my name!
Here are 4 things I am doing TODAY to maximize my success this week:
- Prepare – I cleared my schedule for this weekend allowing me extra time to organize, clean, and rest. How I start this week will determine how I finish this week.
- Visualize – I am visualizing an easy week. Executives, corporate strategy, upteen PowerPoint presentations, little people who still need to be cared for, three after school activities, training schedules – No worries, I’ve got this!
- Map it out – I have everything written down by day/time. Who is responsible for what, who needs to be where, and what is happening next. Choreographed like the Pirates of Penzance with the military precision of Patton! Don’t forget to communicate the plan with all involved!
- Forgiveness – however this week winds up, whatever works or doesn’t work, I have done my best. I know that. No guilt. I have already forgiven myself for any missteps or forgotten moments.
Now on to the Meal Plan:
Sunday: Salmon and Veggies. I have been roasting a GIANT tray(s) of Beets, Brussels Sprouts, and Butternut Squash. This way I have leftovers to take with me for lunch. Best part – 95% of our fruit and vegetables are now coming from our local farmer’s market! We have had a lot of requests for how to cook Salmon – we are working on this for those who requested.
Monday: Taco night for the kids. I am having Cheesy Chicken and Salsa Stuffed Sweet Potato. This looks amazing and EASY!
Tuesday: Kids are eating at my dad’s house. Business dinner for me. John usually does eggs as a quick meal.
Wednesday: Yet another crazy night!
Friday: Something easy! Spaghetti squash and meatballs sounds good.
Saturday: Take OUT!
While I was surfing around the interwebs this week, I saw these fun Super Bowl nibbles:
How do you prepare for a busier than usual week?
Latest posts by Tara Newman (see all)
- The Day I Almost Collapsed Under the Weight of Working Motherhood - October 31, 2014
- Why Vision is Critical to Your Success - October 29, 2014
- 3 Tips to Make Meal Planning a Habit - October 26, 2014
- 2014 Blog Reader Survey - October 24, 2014