Rest and Recovery – Essential for a Healthy Life
Instead of giving you a long list of things to try, I am going to demonstrate rest and recovery through my actions. We all know actions speak louder than words anyway.
Family Sport Life is going to be taking a week long “BLOGCATION” to focus on resting up and recovering from what has been a crazy few weeks. The more I live my life, the more I realize how essential rest and recovery are to ourselves and those around us. I also realize I need to remind myself and others about the importance of stepping back from our “crazy busy” lives more often. Taking breaks to allow our minds, bodies, and spirits to rest is OK. The perspective gained from taking true rest is infinite in its possibilities. If you think you need a break, give yourself the permission to step back for a period of time. All will be well. I promise.
Instead of blogging I will be doing the following:
- Basic organization around the house because this relaxes me. As I declutter my physical space, my mental space becomes decluttered.
- Reading Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less.
- Getting ready for my next trip.
- Spending time being present in my life.
- Loving my kids.
- Reconnecting with my husband.
- Sleeping more than 8 hours a night.
- Not stressing out about all the things needing to get done.
- Having faith – all that needs to get done will get done. Things that don’t get done really weren’t important anyway.
See, I gave you a list anyway.
Wishing you all a week filled with abundance, good energy, rest, recovery and less stress! See you on Monday June 9th.
Latest posts by Tara Newman (see all)
- From Stuck to Inspired + On Fire: A Personal Case Study - January 27, 2015
- How to Get Shiz Done and Be Zen About It! - January 21, 2015
- 6 Steps to Take You From Stuck to Unstoppable - January 14, 2015
- A Letter to Our Readers - January 4, 2015