10 Awesome Crockpot Recipes
This week I am taking a little break from Meal Planning. Big A is out of town most of the week and I am feeling like I need to regroup in terms of my nutrition. I ate things this past week that did not serve me well, mainly dairy (and coffee) and I need to be a little kinder to my system. I am going to be focusing on a lot of veggies, limited dairy, and limited coffee.
We found an awesome farmer’s market and will be doing our shopping there today. They even have a fish monger! We will be picking up plenty of fresh fish including Salmon and Monk. Last week the fish monger gave us (as in free – how awesome!) some monk fish to try. It was pretty good – chewy but not as chewy as lobster. John didn’t care for the smell while preparing it but we are going to try it again. It would be fabulous in a seafood soup.
Let’s start with last week. I highly, highly recommend the Spaghetti Squash Carbonara. I feel this recipe is incredibly flexible so if you don’t like pancetta, use chopped meat/bits of sausage or omit entirely. Just make it! The other recipe that worked well, as discussed in my Kids Eats post, was the Macaroni and Cheese recipe. I am so happy to never buy a box of mac and cheese again!
Don’t worry, even though I am sticking to brussels, beets, squashes, and fish doesn’t mean I am leaving you in a lurch. I have received a number of reader requests for crockpot recipes. I don’t use my crockpot every week but I do use it about once a month. However, after scouring Pinterest and the interwebs for awesome recipes, I may make this a weekly occurrence.
Here are 10 Awesome Crockpot Recipes for you to try:
- Vegetarian Stuffed Cabbage Slow Cooker Recipe/River City Sammon
- Beef Stew/Low Carb CrockPot Recipes
- 5 Ingredient Crock Pot Chili/Wellness Mama
- Slow Cooker Ratatouille/The Perfect Pantry
- Crockpot Two Bean Veggie Chili/Happy Fit Mama
- Crockpot Chicpea Curry/Mommy Run Fast
- Crock Pot Italian Fagioli Soup/Against All Grain
- Crock Pot Chana Masala/Frugal Bites
- Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers/Taste of Home
- Healthy Crock Pot Mini Turkey Meatballs/ How Sweet Eats
I have made recipe #3 and it is great. It is a no bean chili which I always hope my kids will eat but so far its been a “no go.” What I do is I puree a can of kidney beans and mix it in to thicken the chili. Through blogging I “know” Angela from Happy Fit Mama (#5) and Laura from Mommy Run Fast (#6) so I trust they have great recipes. I love all of the Against All Grain recipes so I am most excited to try the Italian Fagioli Soup (#7). We also love us some Indian food so #8, Crock Pot Chana Masala, is high on the list.
I hope you enjoy this round up. I am happy to do these types of posts upon request, anytime. All you have to do is ask
Do any of these look good to you? What other roundups would you like to see?
Latest posts by Tara Newman (see all)
- 14 Ways to Recharge for The New Year - December 11, 2014
- 5 Ways You Can Restore Balance to Your Busy Weekend - December 8, 2014
- Gluten Free Muesli Breakfast Bites - December 2, 2014
- December Vision + Goals - November 30, 2014